Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Sales, you will be responsible for pursuing net new enterprise accounts and growing revenue within existing accounts while maintaining superior customer service. The ideal candidate possesses successful sales experience of complex IT solutions with multiple major accounts. Experience with sales pipeline management, Miller Heiman Large Account Management practices (or equivalent), knowledge of Salesforce and a proven ability to develop strong executive relationship. The successful candidate is expected to deliver to the highest level of excellence, affording additional career opportunities within our growing and dynamic organization.
Based out of our Toronto Office, you will work closely with our corporate sales team located in both Winnipeg and Toronto as well as with our Winnipeg based delivery and executive team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
New Business Development
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to close of sale, working hand in hand with the VP Corporate Sales and/or customers Corporate Account Manager.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Engage with C-Level, VP-Level and Director personnel at client sites.
- Initially, focus on the Automotive sector. High possibility to penetrate additional business verticals in the future.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and benefits of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Conduct opportunity assessments; Facilitate Bid/No-Bid processes
- Lead and prepare proposals as required
- Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for DMT to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales
Account Planning & Management
- Lead and execute large account management plans (strategy down to tactical execution)
- Lead the development and delivery of client presentations (from project status, to new project plans, to longer range opportunities)
- Working with delivery support team, prepare and present new statements of work
- Work with other departments and team members to ensure effective regular communication is in place
- Identify and implement synergies in terms of product go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrate that DMT is a client partner that brings business value day in, day out
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions
- Present and articulate ideas to executive staff (internally and externally)
- Provide direction and oversight to the delivery teams upon successful completion of sales
- Transition ownership of initiatives to DMT account management personnel during the implementation phase.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Prepare accurate rolling 12-month monthly sales forecasts
- Responsible for timely submission of sales forecasts
- Conduct review of sales forecasts with VP, Corporate Sales
- Work with finance to initiate timely invoicing
- Support finance with Corporate Account receivables as necessary
- Setup and review post project analysis
- Facilitate weekly territory reviews with VP Corporate Sales includes:
- Highlights of account
- Review of account strategy
- Customer dynamics (staff changes, funding situation, etc.)
- Sales Pipeline
- Financial Forecast
- Activity from Last Period
- Planned activity for next period
- Submit timely expense reports adhering to company policies
- Reflect all account activities, and sales opportunities, in Salesforce on a timely basis.
- Travel to Winnipeg for orientation along with account planning sessions every 6 weeks or so.
- Expectations entail being physically on-site client offices (all in the Greater Toronto Area) numerous times during a week (for prospecting, sales presentations, and initial project execution).
You are an experienced business development professional who:
- is looking for an opportunity to contribute to a growing international organization
- possesses exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- demonstrates effective leadership and team building qualities
- has strong account management and sales ability
- excels working part of a collaborative team
- is energetic and enthusiastic and able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- demonstrates strong analytical skills with ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions and provide strategic advice and recommendations
- demonstrates an understanding of technology and technological solutions and can excel in an IT Solutions company
- can develop an understanding of the internal and external business environment
- will gain in-depth knowledge of DMT’s service and product offerings
- can juggle multiple priorities and interact with all levels of the business
- can maintain a positive and effective interaction with third party agencies
- is disciplined in execution
- Minimum 10 years’ technology specific sales experience
- Experienced with overseeing enterprise-level initiatives and working with both sales and delivery teams in key accounts
- Knowledge and experience of the automotive industry an asset
- Experience in managing client accounts and associated profitability
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to email@example.com. You can make a difference at DMT!