DMT is one of North America’s leading providers of automotive lead management software. Over 45% of Canadian auto dealers use our technology every day. Two years ago we expanded into Europe and have already deployed a network-wide rollout with two Japanese brands in multiple countries. Today we are entering the US market and are searching for a key executive to help us plan, build and run our American Dealers Sales division.
The Director, Dealer Sales will be responsible for the following key objectives:
- Developing a business plan to help DMT successfully enter the US market – initially in automotive retail outlets, but also extending to other transportation segments
- Recruiting and developing key individuals in the national Dealership sales team
- Growing a Sales organization that consistently exceeds revenue targets
- Ensuring a high level of dealer satisfaction and retention
The selection criteria for the successful candidate will include:
- A proven track record of selling technology solutions to automotive dealers
- An ability to work independently; experience running a start-up would be an advantage
- A proven track record to build and manage a distributed sales team
- An in-depth understanding of automotive retail market place and business/operational practices of national dealer groups, local dealer groups, and independent operators alike
- A resume that shows stability, success and advancement
The successful candidate will earn significant compensation including:
- A six-figure base salary with a revenue-based incentive package
- A comprehensive benefit package including, medical and dental plan, 401(k) match and more.
DMT is an exciting successful company that offers employees the opportunity to make a difference, work with new and interesting technologies, and serve international corporate and dealership clients. DMT offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work schedule, and a fun yet challenging work environment. DMT promotes continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills and foster career growth throughout. Please visit our website at www.dmt.global.
DMT provides automotive, powersports, agricultural and recreational vehicle industries with cutting-edge SaaS software and systems focused on improving lead generation and management for both manufacturers and dealers. DMT serves more than 2,200 clients in more than 20 languages in nearly 30 countries on three continents. Flagship accounts include Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Audi, Volkswagen, ŠKODA, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, and Kubota. DMT is headquartered on the University of Manitoba campus in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with offices in Dallas, London, Toronto, and Paris.
Reporting to the Vice President, US Market, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of our US Dealers Sales operation including building and executing on an aggressive plan to enter the US market. Working closely with the corporate account management team, the Director, Dealer Sales will build out and manage a regional field sales team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Sales Execution & Performance
- Develop USA market entry business plans for automotive retailers and other segments in the transportation industry, leveraging DMT’s global experience and USA-based industry leadership
- Achieve plan and overall revenue target
- Member of USA Management Team
- Recruit, train and retain a team of professional regional managers who are accountable to sell to dealers and dealer groups alike
- Create and sustain a sales performance culture that consistently exceeds expectations
- Leveraging global frameworks, implement robust performance measures and reviews, using data driven analytics, to drive strong sales execution
- Learn DMT’s sales, operational, HR and management processes; integrate with and leverage those processes in support of the USA market growth
- Implement dealer sales and support strategies in alignment with OEM strategies.
- Continually manage performance at all levels and hold the regional team accountable for driving a high-performance mindset throughout the organization
- Utilize salesforce.com daily to ensure entire team properly logs sales activities, opportunities and client cases
- Learn DMT’s lead management products (“Products”), services and processes, and implement those effectively and consistently within the USA across multiple transportation segments.
- Provide constructive client feedback on all Products to ensure they remain competitive and value driven
- Become well versed in DMT’s lead management products, not only to provide leadership in the market penetration of these products, but to contribute to the continued R&D cycle of these products
- Understand DMT’s competitive threats and possible solutions to counter-act these threats
Other Leadership & Collaboration
- Work with the Canadian HQ training department to adapt previously created training material for the USA market
- Work with the Canadian HQ teams to adapt/prepare and deliver sales presentations and product information sessions to C-level individuals at dealers and dealer groups alike
- Have your team work closely with DMT’s implementation team to coordinate product delivery and to streamline processes such that delivery is as efficient as possible
- Provide reporting in regards to, but not limited to, actual sales activity, sold pipeline, and 90-day forecast
- Work with the General Counsel and COO to adapt sales orders (contracts) to the US market
- Provide thought leadership to develop a world class sales organization and customer centricity culture
If you have a passion for the automotive industry, love business development, take pride in delivering high value solutions to your clients, and have the desire to grow a successful business unit in the US, then this strategic leadership role aligns well.
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to email@example.com