DMT is seeking an experienced and energetic Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for verifying applications and/or data. The Quality Assurance Analyst will effectively use the most effective approach to achieve optimal quality and reduce risk, given time constraints and other limitations. Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills are critical to this position.
The position involves…
- Performing software testing, data validation and release management, and developing QA processes utilizing the Software Development Life Cycle and best practices.
- Ensuring ongoing validity and quality of data received from external suppliers on a routine basis
- Setting up and managing formal test processes to ensure user requirements for internal software applications are met
- Writing test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that the implemented requirements are verified against the Definition of Done and the acceptance criteria
- Planning and executing manual and automated test scripts
- Coordinating and executing functional and acceptance tests in accordance with test standards, guidelines, plans and cases
- Documenting defects uncovered and communicating findings to the development team
- Suggesting ways to improve the general usability of the application
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Strong communication and documentation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to categorize and prioritize defects and coverage to balance completion time and quality risk
- The ability to learn and understand project functional requirements and logic
- Knowledge of various formal testing methodologies including scripting
- Familiar with automation and work to enhance test automation capability through scripting and other software tools
- The ability to both plan and conduct tests to ensure quality of work items
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- 3+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance testing or equivalent experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to email@example.com.