DMT is a leading provider of Motor Trade lead management and lead generation software. With the fastest growing lead management solution set in Europe, Motor Trade dealers and OEMs use our technology every day. Just over two years ago we expanded into Europe and have already deployed a network-wide rollout with two Japanese brands in multiple countries. With other network-wide rollouts in progress, dealerships from over 25 brands in Europe leverage our solutions.
Reporting to SVP, Dealer Sales & Support (Global) you will be directly responsible for leading a number of teams accountable for Dealer Sales, National and Major Dealer Group Accounts, Customer Success, and Dealer Support Services including Dealer Implementation and Training. This role/position is based in in Bracknell, our European Headquarters located.
The VP, Dealer Sales & Support will be responsible for the following key objectives:
- Developing a dealer-centric business plan that drives DMT’s growth in the European market – initially in Motor Trade retail outlets, but also extending to other transportation segments
- Recruiting and developing key individuals in the dealership sales and support teams
- Growing a sales organization that consistently exceeds revenue targets
- Ensuring a high level of dealer satisfaction and retention
The selection criteria for the successful candidate will include:
- A proven track record of selling technology solutions to Motor Trade dealers
- An ability to work independently; experience running a start-up would be an advantage
- A proven track record to build and manage a distributed sales team
- An in-depth understanding of the Motor Trade retail market place as well as business/operational practices of national dealer groups, local dealer groups, and independent operators alike
- A resume that shows stability, success and advancement
DMT is an exciting successful company that offers employees the opportunity to make a difference, work with new and interesting technologies, and serve international corporate and dealership clients. DMT offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work schedule, and a fun yet challenging work environment. DMT promotes continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills and foster career growth throughout. Please visit our website at www.dmt.global.
Your existing teams are responsible for:
- driving new business in dealerships across the UK and Scandinavian countries
- account management for existing dealership clientele
- account management and delivery for Dealer Groups and/or National accounts
- servicing implemented products with a focus on customer care and satisfaction
- product implementation activity including configurations and training
Your leadership will drive growth of these teams, and new ones, in support of market expansion in the EU in multiple countries. Within a year, your teams will not only reside in the UK, but also in the EU.
Working in concert with the SVP, Corporate Accounts – Europe, your business plan for dealer sales growth will leverage OEM activity, and in parallel, assist in driving OEM opportunities. ‘Grassroots’ selling through your dealer sales and national/major accounts teams (Regional Managers) are instrumental in increasing awareness of our product set for OEM visibility. Conversely, OEM activity will drive opportunities for additional engagement within and across the dealer networks.
You will demonstrate excellent leadership, sales, communication skills; have a tenacious attitude to building a successful sales and support team; continuously implement and improve operational processes that effect efficiency and customer experience; leverage best practices from the rest of the organization; and been keen to grow an expanding and successful European team.
You will be energetic, motivated by our culture and be an integral part of our European leadership team.
Skills / Competencies
- Sales Management – you are experienced in leading multiple sales teams concurrently, including setting targets, motivating staff and managing the team’s sales pipeline
- New Market Penetration – you have experience selling into, and establishing a team of sales personnel in a new market or geography
- Pan-European – your Pan-European experience will be instrumental in applying success techniques critical to a growing organization
- Sales Targets – accountable for Pan-European dealer sales target attainment that are critically relied upon by DMT for growth and profitability
- CRM – utilize SalesForce.com for ongoing pipeline management, activities, campaigns, and cases in alignment with global best practices. Contribute to the evolution of these best practices with peer group.
- Customer Success and Support – your operational experience will drive an efficient inbound and outbound Customer Success team. You have led a customer success team, regional account management team, and/or a call centre that services existing clientele.
- Account Planning – your sales experience includes complex information technology selling that leverage formal account management / planning methodologies such as Miller-Heiman
- Campaigns – develop and execute sales strategies and campaigns with your sales sand support teams.
- Organization – be highly organized, disciplined and efficient; someone who can keep on top of the detail and plan ahead.
- Strategy vs Detail – Whilst you operate comfortably at C-Levels, you are keen to engage in details to assess issues, processes, and opportunities as needed.
- Presentation – adapt/prepare and deliver sales presentations and product information sessions to C-level individuals (and/or other positions) for key sales opportunities.
- Value Proposition – ability to understand, shape, present and articulate our value proposition to potential customers including effectively handling objections.
- DMT Products – maintain a deep knowledge of all Products, understanding technologies, features, functions and benefits in the context of dealer and dealer group use. Leverage this knowledge to identify sales opportunities; develop and execute successful sales strategies/tactics upon those opportunities both directly and indirectly through the sales team.
- Team Player – strong alignment with: UK/European OEM sales teams and North American Dealer Sales & Support teams. Demonstrate team spirit in attitude and practice. Ensure that customers are communicated with, implemented, trained and supported in a timely and effective manner.
- Product Feedback – provide constructive client feedback on all products to ensure those products remain competitive, valued and utilized by our clients.
- Negotiation – able to effectively understand client requirements and negotiate deals with your teams as required
- HR – recruit, train and retain successful Pan-European sales and support teams.
- Business Growth – ability to grow a team/territory from the ground up.
- Reporting – provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting in regard to, but not limited to, actual dealer and dealer group sales activity, closed deals, sales pipeline, current month forecast and 90-day forecast.
- People – ability to leverage existing networks and build new ones, ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key people externally and internally.
- Self Sufficient – ability to independently self-motivate, self-discipline, focus and achieve objectives.
- Coaching – passion for coaching/mentoring your team members.
- Culture – learn, understand, and experience DMT’s corporate culture and both adopt and project that culture internally and externally.
- Excellence – a focus on excellence in all that we do is paramount.
- Language skills – being fluent in multiple European languages would be an asset
- Travel – whilst you will be based out of our Bracknell office, some local, European, and intermittent international travel is required.
- Market Place Intelligence – understand DMT’s competitive threats and possible solutions in order to be able to counter-act these threats.
- Location: London, England
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to: email@example.com